A classic from Mexico - Chilerito Chamoy hot sauce. With a sweet, sour, spicy and tangy taste you'll keep coming back for more. Not wildly hot, but certainly delicious so you can add to all your favorite snacks, like fruits, vegetables, potato chips, peanuts, popcorn, slushies and beverages.
Famous on TikTok when combined with Tajin to make amazing crazy cucumber roll-ups, sour candy gushers and more.
Essential to make the famous Mexican Mangonadas.
* 5 large ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into 1cm pieces (about 8 cups)
* ¼ cup granulated sugar, or to taste
* ¼ cup fresh lime juice (from 2 fresh limes)
* 1½ cups cold water, or as needed
* ¾ cup silver tequila or rum (optional)
* ¾ to 1 cup El Chilerito Chamoy or to taste
* Tajin to sprinkle
* 4 Banderilla Tama-Roca tamarind candy straws
* Place 5 cups mango in a blender, reserving the remaining 3 cups.
* Add the sugar, lime juice and 3/4 cup cold water to the blender, and blend on medium-high speed until puréed.
* Blend in tequila or rum, if using and additional water, adding 1/4 cup at a time, until mango mixture reaches the desired consistency.
* Chill mango mixture, covered, in refrigerator until ready to serve. For a colder mangonada, transfer mixture to the freezer until it reaches the consistency of a slushy.
* In 4 x 250ml glasses, add the following to each: ½ cup of mango mixture & ⅓ cup reserved mango chunks, followed by 1½ - 2 tablespoons chamoy and a generous sprinkle of Tajín.
* Repeat with the remaining mango mixture, mango pieces, chamoy and a final sprinkling of Tajín on top.
* Garnish each glass with a tamarind candy straw and spoon. Serve immediately.
Ingredients: water, salt, sugar, citric acid, chili peppers, artificial flavor, xanthan gum, FD&C red 40, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate as preservative.