Zatarain's Gumbo Base brings New Orleans-style flavor to your kitchen! This mix makes creating traditional mouthwatering gumbo easy. Just add your favorite meat like chicken, crawfish, sausage or shrimp, heat and serve over rice for a delicious homemade New Orleans meal in no time.
That's all it takes to enjoy the flavor and soul of The Big Easy!
Ingredients:Enriched Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Malted Barley Flour, Onion, Wheat Flour, Salt, Modified Corn Starch, Yeast Extract, Soy Sauce (100% Soybean), Thiamine Hydrochloride, Soybean Oil, tbhq Added As A Preservative), Bell Pepper, Garlic, Monosodium Glutamate, Caramel Color, Silicon Dioxide (Flow Agent), Spices, Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, Parsely, Black Pepper, White Pepper.
Authentic New Orleans Recipe:
1. In a 3 quart saucepan, combine 6 cups water, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and Zatarain's Gumbo Base. Stir thoroughly to dissolve lumps. 2. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer over Low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 3. Add 1 to 1½ pounds seafood (shrimp, crab, crawfish or oysters) or your choice of meat. 4. Stir, cover and simmer 30 minutes. 5. Serve over a bed of steamed rice.
Makes about nine 1-cup servings.
Note: If seafood is used, add after 10 minutes of cooking time. Return to a boil and cook 15 minutes.
1. In a 3 quart microwave-safe bowl, combine 6 cups cold water, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and Zatarain's Gumbo Base. Stir thoroughly to dissolve lumps.
2. Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add meat or seafood and cook at 60% power for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove, stir and let stand covered for 10 minutes before serving.
(Cook time may differ depending on the power of the microwave oven.)
Serving Suggestions: For flavor variety, vegetables such as okra or tomatoes can be added. Chicken, game or smoked sausage may be substituted for seafood.