Easy Black Bean Soup
Total Time: 25 minutes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2-3 cloves garlic
1 (29oz) can Teasdale Black Beans
2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
salt and pepper
1 small red onion, chopped
1/4 cup coriander, coarsely chopped
* Saute onion in olive oil. When onion becomes translucent, add cumin.
* Cook 30 seconds, then add garlic and cook for another 30 to 60 seconds.
* Add half of the can of black beans and 2 cups vegetable broth.
* Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
* Remove from heat and using a hand blender, blend the ingredients in the pot, or transfer to a blender.
* Add the second half the of beans to the pot along with blended ingredients and bring to a simmer.
* Serve soup in bowls with red onion and coriander for garnish.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving):
Calories 331, Fat 12g, Protein 17g, Carbohydrates 41g, Fiber 14g.